On my recent trip to Miami we spent a lot of time eating out at restaurants. Needless to say, I gained a few pounds. This combo was one of my favorite meals.
Cuban Black Beans
- 2 15 ounce cans of black beans
- 1 large onion
- 1 bunch of fresh cilantro
- 2 fresh jalapeño peppers
- 1 TBSP olive oil
- 1 TBSP chili powder
- 1 TBSP cumin
- dash of salt
- Dice the onions and jalapeños and sauce them in the olive oil until the onion are caramelized.
- Chop the cilantro and add it and the remaining spice to your pan.
- Drain the beans and add them to the pan, heating them through.
For the plantains:
Slice a large plantain (kind of like you would a banana), and sauce in 1.5 teaspoons of olive oil per plantain. When done add 1.5 teaspoons of brown sugar and remove from the heat. Serve them with rice and you cuban beans.
What could be easier? Until we eat again.