I have been a vegan for many years but my family still eats meat. So one of my resolutions this years is to come up with kinder, healthier recipes where they won’t even notice it’s cruelty-free. Since my son has autism, and food allergies and LOVES meat this is a big challenge. But if the mountain wasn’t high it wouldn’t be worth climbing, would it?
- 1 and 1/2 cups of white flour
- 1 and 1/2 cups of whole wheat flour
- 1 and 1/2 cups of soy milk (or your favorite plant-based milk)
- 1 cup of applesauce
- 3 ripe bananas
- 7 teaspoons of Splenda (or stevia)
- 1 and 1/2 tablespoons of lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons of baking powder
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt
- Mash the bananas and mix it with the applesauce and stevia.
- Add in the flour, salt and baking powder.
- Add the lemon juice and soy milk and beat until there are no lumps.
- Grease your baking pan and bake in a 350 degree oven for 40 minutes.
Once your cake has cooled, frost it with this delicious soynut butter frosting:
Note: I used a Wilton cake pan that is 8 inches across but 4 inches deep. If you put the cake in a traditional 8 inch pan, you will probably need two and your cook time will be less.
© Chantelle Porter