This recipe is so easy it’s almost painful. Pesto ordinarily has pine nuts in it. My son has nut allergies so a traditional recipe just will not work for him. He loves making this and even ate it three times this week!
This recipe is decadent, rich and absolutely sinful. Waist watchers beware! It is however , painfully easy.
10 ounces of parmesan cheese
1 package of fresh basil
10 Tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
1 pound linguine
- Combine the cheese, basil and oil in a large food processor and pulse until uniformly mixed and no large basil leaves remain.
- Cook linguine according to package directions.
- Toss until pasta is completely coated and serve immediately.
- Use the best cheese you can afford. Never use the Kraft grated cheese. If you do it will taste like sawdust.
- You should eat it right away. it does not taste half as good the next day.
- Boost your veggie count by adding sun-dried tomatoes, cooked asparagus or broccoli. Process some spinach with the pesto and your kids will never be the wiser!
Until we eat again!